A Pirate's Revenge by Meg Hennessy

A Pirate's Revenge by Meg Hennessy

This is book 3 in the Secrets of the Bayous series.

After kidnapping her brother's son, he wants revenge. Even though everything turned out in the end, Rayna de La Roche knew that her brother would not forget what she had done. Sending her to hunt down a hidden treasure, Rayna believes that she is all on her own in new Orleans. She doesn't know that her brother has arranged for a bodyguard.

Captain Zachary Nash owes his freedom to the de La Roche family, so when Rayna's brother asks him to follow and protect her, he agrees. He didn't count on the instant attraction he felt for her or that his past would get in the way of their mission.

Having grown up as royalty, Rayna is use to getting what she wants, when she wants it. But the American captain protecting her has other thoughts. Can this unlikely pair find the treasure and an everlasting love that neither of them knew they needed?

I did enjoy this story a lot. Although Miss High and Mighty did get on my nerves at times. But she did act like what I imagine royalty to have acted like back in the day.

As I've stated before, I like when couples come from different social statuses. Although most are not as large a gap as these two are. I also liked that Zach stood up to Rayna and didn't take $hit from her like most of the other men in her life. I honestly believe that was what drew her to him. All the other men that she had been involved with, had let her walk all over them or so she thought.

I really enjoyed this series. There are several secondary characters that I would love to see get their own story. My fingers are crossed that Hennessy has plans to add to this series!


You can get this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go out to Entangled via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment