The Arrow by Monica McCarty

After rescuing her from a well and welcoming her to his family, Cate of Lochmaben owes her life to Gregor MacGregor. Even knowing that he has a reputation as a heartbreaker, Cate has fallen in love with him.

Gregor is home to lay low when his identity is exposed during a covert mission. He has plans to finally see his ward married, but is taken aback when he sees her and is immediately attracted to her. Knowing the longer he spends time with Cate he will be unable to fight his attraction. He quickly sets out to find her a husband.

What will happen when they finally given into their mutual attraction?

While I didn't like this story as much as I did The Raider, I did really enjoy it. I think the reason for that is the way that Cate acted at the beginning of the story.  She was very selfish and acted toward Gregor the same way as the women who she kept condemning. 

After I got through that phase of the story, I enjoyed it so much more. So don't give up on it!!  I loved seeing the other Guards and the way they interact with each other, just like real brothers. They harass each other, but they all know they are loved by the others.  Overall, it was a very good read.


You can get this book at the following retailers:


No comments:

Post a Comment