A Rogue of One's Own by Evie Dunmore


Lucie and her follow suffragists have put together enough money to buy half of a major publishing company. They plan to use it on behalf of their movement. But upon completion of the sale, Lucie learns that someone else has bought out the other half of the business. It is none other than her childhood nemesis, Lord Ballentine. Lucie is sure that he will put a stop to what she and the other suffragists want to print, but then he make her an offer. One percent of the company, which would make her the majority shareholder, for one night in her bed. What is a girl to do?

Tristan has his own reasons for buying half of the publishing house and if it puts a bee in Lucie's bonnet, all the better. When he offers his deal to Lucie, he never imagines that she will take him up on it. But when she does and they spent more time together, Tristan realizes that the feelings he has for her are love. Can he convince Lucie to include him in her future?

OMG, I simply adored Lucie and Tristan's story!! When the first book of the series, Bringing Down the Duke, got such rave reviews on social media, I knew that I needed to grab this one when it became available (and I of course read BDTD first!!). I am so glad that I did! It is hard to believe that this is just the author's second book. It is rare that an author jumps out of the gate with a winning book (or two)! I have to say that these two books are probably two of the best stories I've ever read! 

I just loved the bantering between Lucie and Tristan, it had me laughing out loud throughout the book. I just couldn't put it down and I certainly didn't want it to end! I loved that Lucie would do anything for her cause, even go nose to nose with her nemesis. They say there is a fine line between love and hate and I certainly think that is the case between these two. But these two were perfect for one another and Dunmore proves that in the end!

I will definitely be picking up the next book in the series! I just wish it wasn't a year away...


You can get this book at the following retailers:



No comments:

Post a Comment