Luck is No Lady by Amy Sandas

When her father's death reveals that the family is deeply in debt, Emma Chadwick knows that she must get a job. Always having a head for numbers, she applies for a position as bookkeeper of a notorious gaming hell. Accepting the job, she didn't count on being wildly attracted to her boss. 
Knowing that she most do everything in her power to protect her family from ruin, Emma tries to deny her feelings.

Roderick Bentley wants nothing to do with the society that his customers come from. Being the bastard son of a nobleman has given him a taste of their cruelty. But when he meets Emma, he thinks he might have found the one bright spot amongst the ton. He knows that he is no good for her, but he can't seem to stay away from her.

Can this unlikely pair find love in the most unlikely setting?

I LOVED this story!! This is my first story by Sandas, but I can assure you that it won't be the last! There are 3 other books that Sandas already has out that are now on my TBR pile.

I loved both Emma and Roderick in this story!! Emma was not your typical English lady which is such a breathe of fresh air in a historical romance story. And Roderick...wow, I think I'd like to take him home with me!! He could act the gentleman when he was out in society, but because of his lifestyle, he had this dangerous vibe going on that was very compelling!! Roderick had just the right combination of being a gentleman vs his rakish behavior to make him very appealing!

I'm going to guess that the next two books in the series will be about Emma's two sisters (I'm hoping!!), so I hope we will be able to see Emma and Roderick throughout their stories too!


You can get this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go out to Sourcebooks via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

2 comments:

  1. I picked this up based on the cover! ;) Glad you loved it. I hope to get to it in the near future. The TBR!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really enjoyed it Sharlene! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete