Tycoon by Joanna Shupe

Tycoon by Joanna Shupe

This is book 0.5 in the Knickerbocker Club series.

Waiting to board a train, Ted Harper is kissed by a woman claiming to be his wife. He goes against his better judgement and invites her to travel with him even though she is probably a swindler.

Clara Dawson is use to taking care of herself, but when she witnesses a murder, she finds herself running with no one to turn to. When help comes in the form of a stranger, Clara decides to go ahead a accept.

Ted and Clara are instantly drawn to one another, but with danger looming all around, can their pretend marriage turn into one in truth?

I was really looking forward to the start of Shupe's newest series, but unfortunately I was disappointed. I think the series definitely has promise, but I just felt like this story was too rushed. I really wish that Shupe had decided to make it full length novel so that we could enjoy the masterful storytelling that I have come to know and love.

Having said that, I am still really looking forward to book one in the series, Magnate, which comes out in April!


You can find this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go out to Kensington Books via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment