Top 10 favorite vacation spots
1. The mile-long, former carriage drive between Chipping Campden and Broadway Tower in the Cotswolds. Not a soul to be seen, or modern sound to be heard. Hiking that path is like going back in time.
2. Kinkaku Ji, the Golden Temple, in Kyoto, Japan. This building is such a beauty, and surrounded by the most flawless view of nature, it almost defies belief.
3. The view of Chatsworth House from the nature walk is one of the most gorgeous prospects in all of England.
4. Sitting in Odori Park in Sapporo, Japan, listening to an ex-pat singing ‘Imagine’ by the Beatles with a beloved college friend is a favorite memory. I’d go back in a heartbeat.
5. The walk to the hunting tower at Lyme Park was like walking into a Bronte novel.
6. Seeing the city of Florence from the gardens of the Pitti Palace, and marveling over Brunelleschi’s Dome
7. The first view of Venice’s Grand Canal upon exiting the rail station
8. Wandering in Montmartre and happening upon the Lapin Agile
9. Looking out my hotel room window at Hassop Hall in Derbyshire, and seeing a lone tree shedding it’s pink, autumn leaves in a slow breeze. I fell even more in love with the English countryside.
10. Can’t leave off the white sand beaches of my grandmother’s island of Tokashiki. It’s insanely hot, but there’s not a more dazzling ocean or beach to be found in the world.
How many of you love to travel? I love to travel and have actually been to a couple of the places in Lord's top 10 list. If you could choose, which of the above destinations would you love to go to?
Enter for a chance to win your own copy of Susanne Lord's In Search of Scandal!
a Rafflecopter giveaway