Duchess Decadence by Wendy LaCapra

Thea Worthington, the Duchess of Wynchester, ran from her marriage after her miscarriage. She has been running a high-end gaming hell with her best friends. But when her husband's life is in danger, she makes the largest bet of her life to save him.

The Duke of Wynchester, Wyn, has never stopped loving his wife. When he is invited to play a game of chance with her, he jumps at the chance to get back in her life. Winning the bet and therefore the summer with his wife, he sets out to win her love again. But someone is set on sabotaging his efforts.

Can love win over the enemy?

We've seen the Duke and Duchess interact with each other through each of the other Furies books and I knew that when they finally got back together, it would be explosive. LaCapra did not disappoint me!!

I'll be honest and say that I was a little disappointed that book 2 was about Sophia and Randolf because I REALLY wanted to read about the Duke and Duchess. That just made my anticipation that much greater! I was worried that by the time their story was told, I would be disappointed by the outcome. I should have known better. Even though LaCapra only has 3 novels under her belt, she writes like she has been doing this for 20 years. As her audience grows, she will be a must have for most readers of historical romance. She already is for me!

As with the other books in the series, this story continues with solving the mystery of the enemy that has corrupted so many in the government and why. We, of course, get to see our other Furies and their significant others as they help solve the case.

I'm sad to see the end of this trilogy, but can't wait to see what LaCapra has in store for us next!!


You can get this book at the following retailers:



No comments:

Post a Comment