The Princess Wore Plaid by Karen Hawkins

The Princess Wore Plaid by Karen Hawkins

This is book 2.5 in the Orenburg Princes series.

When royal princess, Tatiana Romanovin's carriage is held up by ruffians, she becomes disorientated and is separated from her group. When she finally finds help, she has no way of identifying herself and must find a way to support herself until she con contact her cousin. A sympathetic innkeeper and his wife take her in and she works off her room and board.

Lord Buchan was left a broken man after the war and he only ventures out once a week to have a meal at the local inn. When he meets Tatiana he is instantly intrigued and knows there is something more to her than meets the eye. He soon finds that he can't stop thinking about the comely maid.

What happens when Buchan learns that the woman he is smitten with, truly is a princess?

I enjoyed this story, but not as much as the rest of the series. My guess is because of it's length. It just didn't draw me into it like, Hawkin's stories normally do.  Usually when I read her stories, I don't want to put the book down until I'm done. This one just didn't hold my attention like the others.

If you are looking for a quick, enjoyable read, then this is the book for you.

I am looking forward to the next book in the series, Mad for the Plaid, which stars Nik!!


You can get this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go out to Pocket Books via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment