A Duchess in Name by Amanda Weaver

A Duchess in Name by Amanda Weaver

This is book 1 in the Grantham Girls series.

Andrew Hargrave left home as soon as he was able so that he had nothing to do with his parents. When he is called home to marry, needless to say, he is not happy. Since the papers were already signed, and his father placed the safety of his sisters upon his decision, he made the best of it and married his parent's choice. Having consummated the marriage, Andrew then quickly goes back to Italy where he is working as an archeologist.

Victoria Carson knew that she had been married for her money alone, but she was still surprised when her husband left without a word after their wedding night. Having been left at the ancestral home, she set about making the changes that her dowry could finally pay for. 

Can this couple that have come together for money alone ever make a go other their marriage?

I will say that Weaver is a wonderful storyteller and writer and this story would have gotten a 5 star review from me for that alone if it had not been for Andrew having a mistress in Italy and him going back to her after his marriage. I know that happen a lot in this time period, but I don't want to read about it in the romances that I read...

Having said that, I did throughly enjoy this story. When Andrew came back to England to try to make his marriage work, he was a man that I could fall for. I'm glad that he had to really work to win over Victoria after his treatment of her. I would have thought less of her had she just given in to his kindness toward her and his sisters.

Andrew's sisters were precious and I hope that they eventually get their own stories. Victoria's friend Amelia is the next to get her story told. I am really looking forward to reading it.


You can get this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go out to Carina Press via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment