The Sport of Baronets by Theresa Romain

The Sport of Baronets by Theresa Romain

This is book 1 in the Romance of the Turf series.

Sir Bartlett Crosby is determined to turn his family's finances around by winning races with his colt. But that is all about to change when Hannah Chandler claims to have purchased the horse from his mother. It gets even worse with the colt is stolen.

Now Bartlett and Hannah must work together to find the horse, but can members of two families that have been rivals for years get past that history to the benefit of both?

I did enjoy this novella, but it is definitely not my favorite of the stories I've read by Romain. I know it was short, but I feel like everything was rushed. There was not enough time for the H/H to get to know each other and therefore I didn't feel the chemistry between them like I did when reading the Matchmaker Trilogy by Romain.

The next book in the series comes out in February. I'm hoping it will be more like the other books by Romain that I have read and loved.


You can get this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go out to Sourcebooks via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment