A Duke But No Gentleman by Alexandra Hawkins

The Duke of Blackbern and the Marquess Norgrave are the best of friends. They spents their days and nights drinking, gambling and making bets against each other. This time the bet is over who can win the affections of Lady Imogen Sunter.

Imogen soon makes her preferences known for Blackbern, which upsets Norgrave. He doesn't like to lose. Will the love of two change the lives of all three of them?

I really like this story until the rape occurred and then I had to force myself to continue reading it. I'm really disappointed that Hawkins felt the need to add this to the story. The same outcome could have been achieved without the scene going that far.

I will say that the actual rape scene was not written in the story, but it is talked about and you know it happened.  
This is my first full size story by Hawkins that I have read (I have read a novella) and I had such high hopes. I haven't given up on the author, but I think I will read the reviews before picking up another by her.


You can get this book at the following retailers:

No comments:

Post a Comment