The Devil Takes a Bride by Julia London

The Devil Takes a Bride by Julia London

This is book 2 in the Cabot Sisters series.

Trying to save her family, Grace Cabot has a plan to trap a man into marriage. What she didn't count on was trapping the wrong man. Finding out that Geoffrey, the Earl of Marryton, was the man that she shared a passionate embrace with was quite to shock to Grace. Having thought to trap his brother, Grace is unsure about marrying Geoffrey. But as she has no other choice, she will make the best out of the situation.

Geoffrey had no plans to marry someone like Grace. She plows right into his very organized life and changes everything. Unable to resist her, Geoffrey must decide if she is worth an unordered life.

I really liked this story, but parts of it went a little too far for me. 

Geoffrey's life was so ordered because he was OCD. I could handle that. What I didn't like were his sexual fantasies. With every young attractive woman he encountered, he had fantasies about them doing things to him and to each other.  I could see putting that out there a little bit, but it just seemed a little over the top for me.

Even saying that, I did quite enjoy the story. I just tended to gloss over his "fantasies." I look forward to reading the next book in the series that comes out in April.


You can get this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go to Harlequin via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment