My Highland Spy by Victoria Roberts

My Highland Spy by Victoria Roberts.

This is book 1 in the Highland Spies series.

Lady Ravenna Walsingham is a spy for the crown. Her newest assignment is to go to the Highlands and act as a governess for Laird Sutherland. While there she is to see if Sutherland is planning anything against the crown.

Ruairi Sutherland is not about to send his only son to learn English. So when the the king sends a governess to do the job, he feigns ignorance of knowing the language himself to see what she is up to. He soons find himself intrigued with the English woman and can't keep himself from letting her know that he understands her.

As Ravenna spends more time with Ruairi and his son, she can't help but fall in love with both of them. But what happens when he finds out that she was spent to spy on him?

This was a great story. I loved that there was a female spy that we followed to Scotland. It definitely put her at a disadvantage not knowing the language. I fell in love with Ruairi and his son just as Ravenna did.

Roberts did a great job of combining a love story, a mystery and history of Scotland into this story. The only reason I rated this a 4 instead of a 5 was that I thought some of the writing was lacking. It was definitely not a strong as a lot of the other writers I read.

There were lots of secondary characters that I hope get their story told and I can't wait for the next book in the series.


You can purchase this book at the following retailers:


Thanks go to Sourcebooks via NetGalley for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment