The Bruised Thistle by Ashley York

Iseabail and her brothers must leave their home when their beloved parents pass away. Her uncle has made their life miserable after taking over the role of Laird. In retaliation, their uncle put as price on their head and accuses them of murder.

Seumas MacDonell, comes across Iseabeail and her brother when they needed help.  After much rebuffing, Iseabail accepts Seumas's help with much trepidation. Seumas takes them to a trusted friend's home, but there is a traitor in their mists.

Can Seumas save Iseabail from her uncle? What will happened between the two as they spend more and more time with each other.

This was the author's first novel and she shows great potential. There were many twists and turns (which are always a plus) that kept me reading. They only thing I didn't like about the book were all the references to God. I understand why the author put them in, but I think it was a bit much.  I sorta felt like I was reading a religious romance with some sex thrown in.  Even feeling this way, I will put the next book in the series on my TBR list.  A great first novel!


You can get this book at Amazon

No comments:

Post a Comment