The Temptation of Laura by Rachel Brimble

The Temptation of Laura by Rachel Brimble.

Laura Robinson had been a prostitute since the age of 15. She is tired of that life and wants to make something of herself. She has always wanted to be an actress and manages to get a job selling food at the local theatre.

Adam Lacey has the staring role at the theatre, but would really like to be writing the plays instead of acting in them. When he sees Laura for the first time, he knows she would be the perfect person to star in his play.  It was if the part had been written just for her.

Laura don't believe that Adam wants her for his play. She believes that he knows what she use to be and just wants to get her into bed.  Adam soon convinces her of his sincerity and they begin rehearsing.

As they spend more and more time with each other, their attraction grows. Can it lead anywhere? What will each of them do to get the life that they want?

I'll be honest and say that if I had known that the story was about a prostitute, I probably wouldn't have requested it (I'll  remember to read the write up better next time).  Having been approved for the story through NetGalley, I went ahead and kept reading to do the review.  The writing was good, but I just couldn't get into the story. I don't know why the idea of a prostitute turned me away as I've read stories about courtesans and enjoyed them, but it did.  I did like the character of Adam and most of the secondary characters, but the story just didn't do anything for me.  Having said that, I see that the author has another historical novel that I would be willing to read it in the future.


You can find this book at Amazon and Barnes & Noble.

Thanks go out to NetGalley and eKensington for a copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment